The Presidential Executive Office is headed by the Chief of Staff of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, who works under direct supervision of the Head of State.
Chief of Staff of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- brings to Head of State’s approval the Rules on the Presidential Executive Office, submits suggestions on the structure and personnel of the Presidential Executive Office, approves the staff list of the Presidential Executive Office, makes changes to it within approved staff number;
- coordinates the work of assistants and advisers to the Head of State, organizes and directs the work of the structural subdivisions of the President's Office, provides interaction with other state bodies;
- submits to the Head of State’s consideration suggestions on appointments and dismissals of aides and advisers of the President, heads of structural subdivisions of the Presidential Executive Office, appoints and dismisses the officials of the Presidential Executive Office;
- approves the Rules on structural subdivisions of the Presidential Executive Office, instructions of the officials of the Presidential Executive Office;
- coordinates the control over execution and observance of the Head of State’s acts, execution of his instructions, circulation of documents at the Presidential Executive Office;
- submits to the signature and to the President’s consideration laws adopted by the Parliament, draft decrees, orders and other documents and materials addressed to the Head of State;
- ensures on a constant basis contacts of the Presidential Executive Office with the Parliament, its Chambers, working bodies and officials; the Government and Prime Minister’s Office; ministries and other central executive bodies; Constitutional Council, Supreme Court, General Procurator’s Office, Committee of national security and other state bodies subordinated and accountable to the President; National Bank, Accounts Committee for Control over Execution of the Republican budget, akims (mayors) and maslikhats of the regions, capital of the country and the city of republican significance; local self-government bodies; political parties and other public associations, mass media; population;
- realizes other powers entrusted on him by the President.
Chief of Staff of the President of Kazakhstan
Olzhas A. Bektenov